AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut keys F1 thru F12 do not work

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1095 Views, 3 Replies

Shortcut keys F1 thru F12 do not work

I have a new computer and the F1 thru F12 shortcut keys for ortho, snap, etc. do not work. Rather these ring up computer functions like speaker volumnet and screen brightness. I would like to find the button that returns the shortcut keys to ACAD mode.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Your "multimedia" laptop is designed to do it that way, AutoCAD will not override a hardware/system setting.

Is this an HP laptop? What model? HP's website should have the isntructions to disable it through the BIOS when you start the laptop (and before Windows kicks in).

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

After researching HP "no-help". I just started pushing all buttons randomly. It looks like pushing "shift" and then the shortcut key - makes the ACAD functions work for grid, ortho, etc.(for now) I hope I can remember this after doing it the previous way for many years.

Message 4 of 4
pendean

I found this in about 2 minutes, not sure if this is your laptop or not:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02035108&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_US

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost