AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet view update

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
calfcreek
237 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet view update

When I create a model space view; then drag it on the sheet; shouldn't they be linked? I mean if I go into the View drawing, move the drawing in question, then update the model space view, shouldn't that update the sheet view automatically? Theoretically speaking of course; we are talking AutoCad.

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: calfcreek

If we are talking AutoCAD Architecture and working within the Drawing Management feature (Project Browser and Project Navigator), then, yes, a model space view dragged onto a sheet should create an external reference to the View file in the Sheet file, and if the View file is revised in a manner that changes the graphics within the dragged model space view, then the next time the Sheet file is opened, the updated external reference file should be loaded and the change should appear in the Sheet.  (If the Sheet file is open at the time the revision is made, you may need to reload the external reference(s) to see the change.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
calfcreek
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks David.

That's not working for me and hasn't for some time. I have to delete the sheet views and drag the model space views back after the changes. I even tried dragging the sheet view window to the View drawing model space view thinking it would link and update but I get the circle slash sign saying no way Jose!

Oh well.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost