AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending files to clients

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
229 Views, 3 Replies

sending files to clients

I work in a MEP engineering office. Has anyone developed a good method for sharing their architectural drawings (when the architect is using Project Navigator)? We do not use project navigator, and we do not want stripped-down architectural files.

What we need from the architcts is their bases, title block, and their floor plan sheet layouts. Asking for this from some architects is fine, but others send me mounds of files, and I have to dig through and sort for what I want.

Is there an easier way??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mike.Lamka
in reply to: Anonymous

I still think the best method unless you need drawing with the aec objects is to bind the drawings so that you don't have to worry about them forgetting an xref.  If you need items such as text styles and ctb or stb files then use etransmit.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Mike.Lamka

When working properly in the MEP environment, you want their 3d files. Binding works great the first time, but then the architect has to bind every time he sends files. There-in lies the problem...future updates. After the initial sending of files, all he needs to send is the base sheets.

Message 4 of 4
Mike.Lamka
in reply to: Anonymous

This makes me really appreciate working for an A&E firm.  Architecture and engineering under one roof.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost