AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

4realK
Message 1 of 3 (952 Views)
Accepted Solution

Select File dialog box won't open anymore

952 Views, 2 Replies
01-04-2013 01:53 PM

When I try to Open a file or Save As a file through the pulldown application menu in AutoCAD Architecture (upper left button), the Selec File Dialog Box no longer opens (the window that pops up where you select what you want to open or where you want to save to). I only get a prompt in the command line to enter the entire string of the location on my computer / network that I want to open from or save to. This makes these functions essentially impossible.

The only way I can open a file is to double click the file itself (it then opens in AutoCAD), and I can't SaveAs. This is very quickly going to be a huge problem...

Can anyone help me figure out why my dialiog box is not coming up anymore? (I don't know when exactly this started happening, but it used to work fine. Have I inadvertently changed a setting that is screwing me up?)

Is FILEDIA set to 0?  If so, set it to 1.

*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 2 of 3 (951 Views)

Re: Select File dialog box won't open anymore

01-04-2013 02:32 PM in reply to: 4realK

Is FILEDIA set to 0?  If so, set it to 1.

David Koch
4realK
Message 3 of 3 (938 Views)

Re: Select File dialog box won't open anymore

01-07-2013 06:29 AM in reply to: 4realK

David -- thak you! This was exactly the problem. Much appreciated!!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.