AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select dialog box - 2011

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1570 Views, 2 Replies

Select dialog box - 2011

I am using 2011 and when I select anything that is close to any other object, this dialog box pops up and won't go away without an aditional click. It used to be when there was a question about what you were selecting, you could cycle through the selections with the tab key, and it you didn't the object on top would be selected by default...... How do I go back to the old type of selection? I am just working away at top speed, then this box pops up and wants me to do something and if I ignor it.... I get unexpected results. I've looked thrug all the sysvars that I can think of and gone through everything I can think of in the "options" so... any clues?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like you want to turn off selection cycling.  You can do so with the SELECTIONCYCLING system variable or with the Selection Cycling toggle on the Application Status Bar (provided you did not turn that toggle off).  More on this, with some screen captures, can be found in this blog article, if you are interested.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thanks, I missed that in the updates. I can see where it would be very helpful. I use a lot of xrefs and to have the listed every time is a bit of a hassle. Now I can choose either way, Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost