AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
RichStow
868 Views, 2 Replies

SDI mode

Some application loaded into AutoCAD Architecture 2014 and changed the SDI mode to (3).  How do I find out which app did this so that I can unload it?  I have tried changing the SDI from the command line, but AutoCAD keeps telling me that a loaded app needs that setting.  It will not change to either (0) or (1).  Starting a new session of AutoCAD does not fix the problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pothman
in reply to: RichStow

The only valid values for SDI mode is 0 or 1. Do you have some type of add on program inside of AutoCAD? If so, that must be the culprit. Perhaps the custom program added some additional value to this setting. This settting is stored in your registry if it is set to anything other than 0 and you could edit it if you feel comfortable doing so but changing it may cripple whatever other program is using it (whatever set it to 3). In either case, you should backup your registry before making any changes incase you create a problem with your edits.

Here is the path to the registry key assuming that you are using AutoCAD Architecture 2015

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R20.0\ACAD-E004:409\Profiles\AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)\Drawing Window\SDIMode

I believe that if you delete that key, AutoCAD will reset SDI mode to 0.

A possible simpler fix would be to perform a Reset to Defaults on the program but again, it may effect any add-on programs. To do this Close AutoCAD, go to the Start menu -> All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD Architecture 201x > Reset Settings to Default. After doing this restart AutoCAD and test to see if your problem is resolved.

Dave Pothier

Message 3 of 3
RichStow
in reply to: Pothman

Thank you for all your help. I found the culprit. It was an AutoCAD .arx
file that was loaded in the Start-up Suite. I removed all of the Start-up
Suite programs and reinstalled them one at a time. When the problem
reappeared, I removed that .arx file. I've had no problems since then.
Thank you again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost