AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduling

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
145 Views, 5 Replies

Scheduling

What would cause my 'Add Column' button to be greyed out?
It's on all the schedules, even newly created in the styles manager of
editing the schedule itself.
Opening another drawing I can add columns easily.

I'm sure it's a simple setting somewhere????

ADT6

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mixtup
in reply to: Anonymous

Is this it?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Does the drawing file in which the Add Column button is grayed out have any Property Set Definitions (with properties) defined in it? If not, there are no properties to add and your Schedule Table Style will have the Add Column button disabled.

If there are Property Set Definitions in the same drawing file as the Schedule Table Style, then there are two reasons why the button could be disabled:

1. There are no Property Set Definitions in the file that apply to at least all of the object types to which the Schedule Table Style applies.

2. The Schedule Table Style already has a column added for each of the available properties from Property Set Definitions that apply to all of the object types to which the Schedule Table Style applies, so there are no new properties to add.

--

David Koch
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005-2009 at home
Message 4 of 6
mattmurphy

If there aren’t any PSD values (Property Set Definitions) in your drawing which contains the schedule table then the column button would be disabled. These definitions do not have to be directly in your drawing, they can be in the form of XRefs (preferably from your constructs).

It is possible that you are using the following work flow:
1) Your objects that contain PSD values are in your Constructs – so you XRef overlay these into your view file.
2) You then XRef your View file onto your final sheet.
3) Now you insert a schedule table into your sheet.

If your work flow is as above then there are some work arounds:
A) Create a new view file. XRef attach your constructs that you want in your schedule table and save. Open your sheet with your schedule table. Highlight the schedule table, open Properties, make sure that “Scan External Drawing” is on Yes. Under external drawing select your new view file. This will mean that your sheet is free of 3D objects and will export to AutoCAD more easily.
B) If you are OK with having your objects from the constructs appear in your sheet then in step 1) above use XRef attach instead of overlay (this can be problematic when converting sheets to vanilla AutoCAD – often resulting in crashes. Also – you might not want such memory heavy Sheets – it is often useful to have just the 2D Elevations present).
C) Don’t insert your table into your sheet – instead have it in your view file and explode it into a standard AutoCAD table. This will keep your final Sheet file clean.

http://www.3dcadmax.com/Schedule-ACA.htm
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks guys, I'll work thru those suggestions.I have four different
schedules I brought in, windows, doors, walls x3 that have info in them from
selections.
I'm not using x-ref's or the PN.
So if I delete a column you would think it would let me add it back in but
no! It checks off 1&2 below.
Puzzled.

wrote in message news:6020378@discussion.autodesk.com...
Does the drawing file in which the Add Column button is grayed out have any
Property Set Definitions (with properties) defined in it? If not, there are
no properties to add and your Schedule Table Style will have the Add Column
button disabled.

If there are Property Set Definitions in the same drawing file as the
Schedule Table Style, then there are two reasons why the button could be
disabled:

1. There are no Property Set Definitions in the file that apply to at least
all of the object types to which the Schedule Table Style applies.

2. The Schedule Table Style already has a column added for each of the
available properties from Property Set Definitions that apply to all of the
object types to which the Schedule Table Style applies, so there are no new
properties to add.

--

David Koch
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Did all four Schedule Table Styles come from the same source file? Could one of the Property Set Definitions have already existed in the target file, either because it was already there or because it came in with one of the Schedule Table Styles brought in earlier? If so, make certain that the pre-existing Property Set Definitions was not set up to apply to all of the object types to which the Schedule Table Style applies. You did not add an object type to the Schedule Table Style in question recently, did you?

Otherwise, I am running out of ideas, and if you can not post a sample file, you may want to try AUDITing the file, or WBLOCKing out the model space objects to a new file (or INSERTing the file in a new file) to see if that file has some corruption in it.

--

David Koch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost