AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Tag is created at Wrong Scale

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Libbya
678 Views, 6 Replies

Schedule Tag is created at Wrong Scale

I'm using ACA2013.  I've been working on making a couple of custom schedule tags and have found what seems to be a bit of a glitch.  I have the annotative scale set to 1'-0"=1'-0".  Once I have the desired linework and attributes created, I have used the 'create tag wizard'.  Once that is finished, the tag is inserted at a much smaller size than the linework I used - 1/10.6666.  If I scale the linework and attribute text size by 10-2/3 prior to using the 'wizard' then the tag is created the correct size.    Is there something I'm doing incorrectly or is that a glitch in ACA2013?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Libbya

Your text should be 1" tall when creating the tag
Message 3 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Your response may be correct but is very ambiguous.  The proper paper-space text size of the attributes I am using should be 3/32".  While it is true that the 10-2/3 scale of the items to form the tag block makes the attribute text size 1" I'm left wanting more details on why and how to appropriately size the objects in a more intuitive manner.  What if I have two attributes with differing paperspace text sizes.  I imagine 1" won't work for both when creating the block...

Message 4 of 7
Keith.Brown

At 1" tall the text will honor the annotative scale of your drawing. The default paper space height is 3/32 and can be modified I believe by using the units command and selecting the correct tab. If you want a tags at separate heights then you will need to scale the 1" text up or down to suit your needs. All of this information can be found in the help file.
Message 5 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: Keith.Brown

It still seems bass ackwards that when you want a block to display text at 3/32" in paperspace you need to draw it sow the text is 1" tall as a default and then work backwards...  Anyway, I get what you are saying.  Your info was very helpful especially recommending using the UNITS command.  Easiest for me is probably to use UNITS command to change the annotation plot scale to 1, set the drawing annotation scale to 1'-0"=1'-0"  and then create whatever tag components and attributes I desire at the size I wish them to display in paperspace.  The multiplying of the annotion scale by the annotation plot scale was what was hanging me up...  WRT using the help, I spent approx. two hours searching through the "help" files without being able to find adequate explanation prior to posting.  Where can I find a help file on how to adequately use the help files?

Message 6 of 7
Libbya

I would add a couple comments for anyone reading this in the future.  If the annotation plot scale is set to 1 and the annotation scale to 1'-0"=1'-0" and then the tag is created it is the correct size.  If you change the annotation plot scale in the file in which the tag is created then it will promptly change size to the scaled down version.  If you leave the annotation plot scale at 1 in the file where the tag is created and then create a tag tool from it that way it will insert correctly in any future drawings with the annotation plot scale at 3/32"... 

Message 7 of 7
David_W_Koch

You can read my thoughts on how to create schedule tags and get the size you want in this blog article.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost