AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Property Set List Description

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Libbya
302 Views, 4 Replies

Schedule Property Set List Description

Is there a way to schedule the 'Description' of a List Definition?  I'd like to schedule the door Hardware Set and have a list definition pulldown to select the number but would like to be able to schedule the description also.  Is that possible?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BillGlennie
in reply to: Libbya

I can only point the way to a workaround, not provide a complete solution.  The answer is yes, using a Forumula Property, which is essentially VB Script.  The formula can be quite involved, and in this case would mean creating an array of the descriptions.  The result would be the description that corresponds to the number from the list.  This should work.  It would require maintenance, since the array of descriptions would not be automatically updated. A more skilled programmer may be able to come up with a better method.  Someone with OMF (Object Modeling Framework) programming ability could do something more direct, or at least make the array update when the list changes.

Hope this helps,  Bill

Bill Glennie
AutoCAD Team, including Architecture and MEP
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Libbya

It would be a lot easier to have your list item strings include both the number and the description you want to schedule, and then use two formula properties to process the list item selected for a particular item and have one return the number and the other return the description.  I will try to put together a quick example file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Here is a sample file showing how a list with combined hardware set number and description could be set up and then use formula properties to have separate properties for the hardware number and the description.  It assumes that the hardware number and description will be separated by " - " (space hyphen space); if you prefer a different means of delimiting the two, the formulas could be adjusted to suit.

The only real downside to this approach would be if you already have your hardware lists set up with the description in the description field, rather than concatenated with the hardware number in the actual list item (and you have a lot of entries in your list).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I like what you did David.  I'm sure I will use it in the future, but in the three months that have elapsed since I posted my original question, I don't recall what I was trying to accomplish with it.  🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost