AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule - formula column totals

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alexandra.arh
981 Views, 4 Replies

Schedule - formula column totals

Hi, when creating a schedule with a simple formula column (e.g : [QUANTITY]*Width), the formula column total doesn't add the formula results for a grand total. The total shown is the addition of Width of element.

If I try and enable "Apply formula to totals", the total is : total quantity*total width instead of just a simple addition of formula resulting values.

For example:

I have 4 windows of 2 different styles.Two windows have a width of 2 meters, the other 2 windows have a width of 3 meters. I want to find out, my total window width, of all window styles.Therefore, i make a schedule with the following columns: QUANTITY, WIDTH and TOTAL WIDTH. The total width column is a formula column (Quantity*Width). The total of the formula column (Quantity*Width) doesn't add the resulting values (2*2+3*2=10), it only adds the simple widths without multiplication with quantity, my result is 5, wich is incorect. If i enable "Apply formula to totals", it multiplies total quantity (4) by total width (5).

I need a solution for having the corect total on the formula column.

Thank you,

Alexandra Rus

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: alexandra.arh

I think what you are asking is for the grand total of the formula column.  To do this go into the editor for the schedule and select the Sorting/Grouping tab.  Add the formula column and then check the Display Subtotals for Group checkbox.  This should total up the column for you.

Message 3 of 5
alexandra.arh
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thank you for the quick reply.

I have a grand total for the formula column, but not a correct one. It displays a total width without multiplying with the quantity.

I am attaching the DWG file with the problem schedule.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: alexandra.arh

For the Total Width column i got out my calculator and totaled up the individual rows and the value was correct at the bottom.  The value for the width column was incorrect so i just unchecked the Total for that column.  I am not sure what you are really looking at.

You cannot take the total of the quantity column and multiply it by the total of the width column and expect the answer to equal the total of the total width column.  Math just doesnt work that way.

Message 5 of 5

Hello,

I think i figured out what the problem is.

My WIDTH column TOTAL is already multiplied by the quantity.

I'm sorry for the missunderstanding.

Thank you again,

Alexandra Rus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost