AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling makes my drawing disappear

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Asiuvou
2867 Views, 3 Replies

Scaling makes my drawing disappear

I have a building plan that needs to be in 1:100. When put my drawing into the new layout its there. Then when I change the scale, my drawing disappears.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Asiuvou

Welcome to the Discussion Groups!

What units are you using?  Are you drawing full-size in model space?

Can you attach a sample file?  I cannot reproduce your problem here.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Asiuvou
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hi,
Thank you!?
I am drawing in mm and 1:1 in model space.?
Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Asiuvou

So, you have a drawing with 1 unit = 1 mm and you are drawing "full size" in model space.  You make a layout view current and add a viewport, and you can see your drawing initially, but then you change the scale of the viewport and the drawing disappears.  Does everything disappear (Walls, Doors, Windows, and notes/annotation) or does just the annotation disappear?

If the latter, did you set the drawing scale to 1:100 before creating the notes and annotation?  If not, and if you are using annotative content, and the viewport is set to display the current scale only, then the annotation will not be visible.  You will want to add the 1:100 scale to the annotative content that you want to see in the viewport.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost