AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scaling a drawn drawing from 1:1 to 1:4000 in model space

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mcdallas2003
4768 Views, 4 Replies

scaling a drawn drawing from 1:1 to 1:4000 in model space

Am presently working on a layout drawing sent to me by a surveyor... The layout was plotted in a scale of 1:4000, am finding it kinda difficult to re-scale to a model space of 1:1 which is what am used to. I would appreciate a guide to how I could re-scale this drawing from an already existing modelspace of 1:4000 to my usual workspace of 1:1 so I can continue my architectural design on the layout provided by the surveyor. I please would appreciate a quick solution y'all.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: mcdallas2003

They sent you a model space drawing actually drawn at 1:4000? Or you just need to adjust the viewport from 1:4000 to 1:1 (which means it won't fit?

You're confusing post mentions plotting and 1:1 interchangeably, since anyone can just use SCALE command and enter 4000 to fix the problem.

If you're not sure, post the DWG file here.
Message 3 of 5
mcdallas2003

Pendean,
Pardon my confusing post... I meant to say that the drawn layout sent to me is in a scale of 1: 4000 and am looking for a way to convert it to 1:1 while still within model space...basically am looking for a solution to conveniently switch to any of the aforementioned scale in model space.
Message 4 of 5
mcdallas2003

Pendean,
Your later idea in your post seems like something doable... So how do I re-scale a drawn drawing @1:1 to 1:2000, 1:4000 or vise versa, I would appreciate a guide please... I use autocad architecture 2010. Am a rookie as it regards these
Message 5 of 5
pendean

Do this: click on the MODEL tab in that file: measure a known item using DIST command and see if AutoCAD reports back the dimension you expect. Is it correct or 1/4000th if what you expected?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost