AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
y.simanovsky
368 Views, 2 Replies

Scale problems

Hello,

I have some trouble with scale in general.

I have a drawing set to units in Meters, with some plans and elevations of a building.

The building is roughly 10-12 meters in length, and when I measure it with the measure tool for example the 3 meter wall I made shows "3.00" as the number, so it's 1:1.

When I create a layout, and I set it in the manager to be ISO A1 sheet size, I then proceed to create a viewport and I want to fit 4 elevations into a 1:50 scale, meaning that each elevation should show the building as a 24x20~ cm area on the A1 paper.

When I click the scale of 1:50, the viewport zooms in A LOT, meaning that the elevations don't even fit on the A1 paper...

A1 is about 60x80 cm in size, so this is really wierd.

Also, and this might be connected - a lot of times when I write text or a leader etc., the text is HUGE, and I always seem to do something right by chance when I try to fix it to a normal size, but I can't really understand the root of the settings to put there so that it won't keep happening... There are about 3-4 places where annotation scales etc. are options in the program and when you don't know which one to choose you get errors in text scale... I'd appriciate some basic tips about this if anyone knows.

Thanks in advance and I hope you can help me out here.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aghis_no
in reply to: y.simanovsky

1. Set the units of the drawing to meters (using the unit command).
  2. Then when you create the layout you should use the "page setup dialog" in order to set the "plot scale" 1mm=1drawing unit. If you use "standard Autocad" not "Autocad Architecture" this step is different you have to set the plot scale according to the units you draw in model space (for example: if you draw 1=1m the "plot scale" should be set to 1000mm=1drawing unit, if you draw 1=1cm the plot scale would be set to 10mm=1drawing unit)
  3. Then all your layout views will be correctly scaled according to the scale you choose in the "viewport scale" (1:50)

Hope it helps

aghis

Message 3 of 3
y.simanovsky
in reply to: aghis_no

Hi 🙂
Thank you. It helped. Basically I also made the elevations pretty wide so in 1:50 they are huge in any case...

Do you know why my text isn't showing up in the viewport? It's set in the properties panel to annotative and in the viewport layout the "annotation visibility" icon is ON....

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost