AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale from Model to Paper Space issue

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
NCollins317
662 Views, 2 Replies

Scale from Model to Paper Space issue

Help!

I am drawing in Model space using scale 1/4" = 1'-0"

When I move over to make a layout page with a view port, the scale is not matching up. I'm trying to print on a Letter size piece of paper and when I go to the plot menu that is all ready set. The issue is when I select to plot in 1/4" scale, my drawing becomes TINY.

How do I fix this issue?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: NCollins317

I am going to assume that in model space, you drew "real world" objects at full size, and the 1/4" = 1'-0" scale is just for sizing annotative content.  (Rather than drawing in model space like you would on a drafting board, and actually drawing two lines that should be 1'-0" apart in the real world just 1/4" apart.)

On the layout tab, you would want to set your viewport scale to be 1/4" = 1'-0", with your title block drawn at full plot size (within an 8.5" x 11" area, less plotter margins - or whatever size "letter" is in your part of the world), and then plot from the layout at 1:1 (or 1'-0" = 1'-0").

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: NCollins317

In addition to what David said, the plot scale you illustrated is 1/4"=1'-0".  That would be the scale if you plotted from model space and scaled your titleblock or drew it so that the 1/4"=1'-0" scale was its native scale.

In paper space, you typically plot 1:1.  So to fix your plot, make sure that the titleblock is not scaled or is drawn so that it is actually 24"x36" or 30"x42" or similar.  Once the sheet in paper space is paper sized, then the objects in the viewport will look correct.

Why are you using millimeters for paper units if you are plotting to an imperial scale?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost