AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate a building in UCS to WCS coordinate

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
antigonos.2
1265 Views, 2 Replies

Rotate a building in UCS to WCS coordinate

Hi,

I have a lot of caddrawings of buildings that are drawing using a UCS (User Coordinate System) there up is up, left is left..

The problem is that i want to rotate the WCS (world Coordinate System) there so it match the UCS, but rotate of the WCS cant be done.

So I want to rotate all drawings so that they WCS looks like they do in UCS today

The reason why I want to do this is that the dataextraction function is using the WCS coordinate system and i have to transform the drawing, so the result become the same if it have a option to use UCS.

Can anyone see a easy way to do this?

//Kalle

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: antigonos.2

Perhaps if you post a sample showing your problem..  I couldn't follow your description of your UCS.

Depending on the complexity of your drawing, one technique that might work:  Make your UCS current.  CTRL+X in model space and select all objects.  Change to WCS.  Pasteorig and it should move the objects to your desired orientation.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 3
antigonos.2
in reply to: dbroad

Hi Thank you for your suggestion. But it didint work and i think i have too many objects to my  Autocad architecture 2011.

The problems is that i cant copy so many object. if a one copy a few lines it work fine.

Here is a sample of a drawing. My problem is as I said in my last post that I will do a dataextraction of the drawing and the result would be that the UCS was the WCS. The importent things is the angles, x and y position of the hole building is not importent.

And i should do a explode all before the dataextraction to make simple cadobjects. If i do the explode before or after rotation is the same for me.

The problem is that i have a lot of cad drawings and the people who should do the cadjobb is not people with cad experience. (so i should do i easy guide, maeby record, lisp, vba or something)

The solution i have now is use Dview, then Twist and try and get a good angle. Then do this for all buildings on one house, the problem is that i have a lot of houses and the work should be done during a longer period.

//Kalle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost