AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Tags and Schedules

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tjthomas
10873 Views, 6 Replies

Room Tags and Schedules

Hi All,

I'm attempting to create a room schedule for my floor plan that shows Room Number, Room Name, Area, and Ceiling Height. First off, I would like to tag the rooms with just the Room Number, and not both the number and name - can that be done? Second, I'm able to schedule the Room Numbers and Names correctly, but the Area and Ceiling Height columns are filled with ? marks. This is strange because I can clearly see the space area in the properties tab when I click on each space. *In the attached screenshot, note how both the base area and space height are visible in the properties tab when I have a space selected.* Any suggestions as to why these data aren't translating to the schedule?

Thanks,

TJ

Using AutoCAD Architecture 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
calfcreek_2
in reply to: tjthomas

I will only respond as to the name, number etc.

I created a custom tag for our office and in creating the tags instead of everything being on layer zero to start, I created specific layers just for these tags and placed the different elements on them. I set these to 'color by layer' so that colors can still be manipulated for faded drawings.

As such, I can insert the tag and through layer control I can see 1, 2 or all elements of the tag. You can even have 'no plot' layers if there is info. you like to see during production but it will never be plotted for a construction document. It is very versatile and works well for us.

Hope this helps some.

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

Message 3 of 7
calfcreek_2

Post another photo with the Extended Data tag of the properties palette extended.

Your tag references property set data right?

Keith D. Rodebush

RA

Message 4 of 7
tjthomas
in reply to: calfcreek_2

Hi Keith,

AutoCAD Architecture automatically makes a layer for my room tags (called A-Area-Spce-Iden).  The problem is that the tag objects themselves consist of both a name and a number...I was wondering if there was a way to cut out the name from the tag, so that I only see the number on my floor plan.  The name will then be listed alongside the number in the schedule.

I don't really know what you mean with your second comment, but here's a new screenshot, perhaps it will shed some light.

TJ

Message 5 of 7
David_W_Koch

In addition to the method Keith mentioned, you could also set up either a separate tag that just shows the room number or you could create a single Schedule Tag with multiple view blocks assigned to unique Display Representations (and then have custom Display Representation Sets and Display Configurations, each set to display one particular Schedule Tag). If you are not familiar with the Display System and are not intending to become so right now, then Keith's layer suggestion may be the better way to go.

As for the area properties not showing in your Schedule Table, it is not possible to determine from your second screen capture whether or not your Space has the property set(s) that contains the properties referenced by your Schedule Table. The values that you see on the Design tab of the Properties palette are extracted from the Space by the program directly. In order for a property to be added as a column in a Schedule Table, that property must first be created in a Property Set Definition, and then that Property Set has to be attached to the Space. In AutoCAD Architecture 2014, the out-of-the-box SpaceStyles property set contains a number of "automatic" properties, including Height and various Area measures. Your Schedule Table may or may not be based on those properties. The easiest way to get rid of the question marks in your schedule is to select the Schedule Table and, on the Schedule Table contextual ribbon tab, on the Modify panel, choose the Add All Property Sets tool. This will push any missing Property Sets onto the objects in the Schedule Table's selection set. Since you have the Schedule Table in your drawing, the necessary Property Set Definitions will already be in the file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 7
tjthomas
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I did it!  Here's what I did: First I exploded each tag (twice) and deleted the Room Name, leaving just the Room Number.  Second, to solve the schedule issue, I simply clicked the Add All Property Sets button on the contextual ribbon tab.  Thanks David and Keith, big help!

Message 7 of 7
David_W_Koch

By exploding the tags twice, you are breaking the tag link and any future changes to the room number data on the Space will not be automatically reflected in the AutoCAD block that you now have in your drawing. This may meet your immediate needs for today, but I would recommend created a room-number-only tag or setting up a tag with a separate layer for the room name so that you can freeze that layer when you only want to see the room number.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost