AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room Spaces linking to xref walls

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alexzervakis
212 Views, 1 Reply

Room Spaces linking to xref walls

Our firm is starting our first project in autocad architecture but we are running into problems here and there. I have set up a new project in the project navigator with two floors; one at -8'7" and one at 0',0". I have applied room spaces to both floors, but when I xref one model into the other from the project navigator, the spaces in the active model intersect with the spaces from the xref model. I have verified that the spaces do not extend past their own levels, so I am not sure what the problem is. Attached is the lower level, upper level, and the upper level after the lower level has been xref'd.

Thank you, 

Alex

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: alexzervakis

I cannot really tell what is going on from screen captures, but it appears that your upper level Spaces are "finding" some of the Walls from the lower level, which are then acting as room-bounding elements.  Check your upper level Spaces and see if the height below floor is set to something greater than 0.  If so, the tops of the lower-level Walls may intersect the Space volume, causing them to be used as room boundaries in the combined file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost