AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Room schedule modification

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
oscar-gullberg
484 Views, 3 Replies

Room schedule modification

I am trying to make a room schedule that is sorted by room types, and have a matrix for room number together with total no of rooms with each type.

Th problem I have is that I get a row of each room not 1 row per each room type. This makes the schedule very big and not really useful.

I have made a new space style for each roomtype, and the schedule works alright but it's just to long

Is there a way to get the schedule right?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

For your schedule to collapse and show quantities of each room type all of the information for each room type needs to be identical.  In your case the room number column is keeping this from happening.  You'll either need to get rid of that column or make it a manual property where you concantenate all of the room numbers for each type.  Unfortunately there's no way currently for that to be done automatically.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 3 of 4

Thank you,

When getting rid of the room number column the schedule collapses.

This solved one problem but I still want to display the room numbers. Tried to make the numbers manual but this didn't really change the matrix.

One way to get around it is to make two schedules one with room numbers and one without. But it is not that neat.

Oscar Gullberg

Architect MSA

Message 4 of 4

Oscar,

I'm assuming that what you would want to see for room numbers would be a list of numbers for each type.  If the room number column is a manual property and you type in the numbers "401,409,451....etc." for each room in a particular type it should collapse.  The obvious problem here is in maintenence when things change.

I do this all the time for window schedules and while it's a hassle if there are many changes at least when things do change that part of the schedule will stop collapsing giving you a visual clue that maintenence is necessary.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost