AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3
Mike.Lamka
852 Views, 2 Replies

Room Book

Hello, I am new to autocad 2013 as of today and was looking at the new features.  Does the room book feature work in conjunction with spaces or are they separate?  If anyone knows where I can find a good tutorial on this feature it would be great. 

Thank you,

Mike Lamka

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
shobhasri
in reply to: Mike.Lamka

Hi Mike,

You can use the Help (F1 in the product) and search for the keyword Roombook or search for the topic "About Roombook Basics", which should help you get started.

We also have the 'Manage Spaces' video on the Welcome Screen (enter WELCOMESCREEN on the product command line) which is an useful video to see before you get started on Roombook. You can also search YouTube for 'Autodesk Architecture 2013' videos to help you get  started. 

We will shortly be posting a Roombook tutorial video on YouTube.

Do let me  know if you would like any more information.

Best

Shobha

Message 3 of 3
VaDesigner10
in reply to: shobhasri

LOL!  Both the "About RoomBook Basics" and the "Manage Spaces" video are worthless.  Leave to Autodesk to roll out a "new feature" and not provide provide documentation on how to acutally use it.

From just playing around with the new RoomBook, it appears that Styles are set, but not in the style manager like other objects.  While you can delineate between floor, wall and ceiling finishes, it appearst that all walls must be only one finish - not very effective. 

Would be interested to hear of others' experiences using this "feature".

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost