AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right click stopped working

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
dficarra
3337 Views, 6 Replies

Right click stopped working

Hello all,

I'm trying to help my boss get his right click functions back working again.  For no reason they just up and stopped.  I've serached several threads on here and tried all the recommendations and nothing has worked.  Here's some background;

-ACA 2008 on Windows 7

When he started his machine this morning an error message popped up saying it couldn't find his .cui file.  I looked in the folder on his C drive and it was somehow gone.  We copied my .cui file from my computer, renamed it to be same as the one missing from his machine, and placed it in the proper folder on his C drive.  The error message is now gone and programe loads fine, but still no right click functions.

Right click works in the command prompt area and on his desktop, but wont do ANYTHING AT ALL in a dwg file.  No menus, no repeat command, nothing!

Here's what I already checked;

-Options/User Pref/Right Click Customization = everything in there is set to menu and looks fine. We tried mixing these up and nothing worked.

-Options/User Preferences = double click editing box is already checked

-Options/User Preferences = shortcut menus in drawing area box is already checked

-Options/Settings/Selection - noun/verb = this box is already checked

-PICKFIRST command = already set to 1.  Tried setting to 0 and then back to 1 and still nothing.

-Options/Profiles = his was selected. I then changed it to the "AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial) and the look all changed and right click worked.  Switched it back to his and set current and then no right click again.

As you can see I've tried a lot of stuff but nothing fixed it.  Can anyone help me get this fixed.  When your boss' computer doesn't work like he likes it, we all hear about it all day. haha.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: dficarra

Did you restart it afterward?

Message 3 of 7
pendean

2008 is not supported in Win7.

Did you try the simpler fix of selecting another worksapce then back to their default workspace?
OPTIONS command's USER PREF tab, right-click button for settings, what got turned off?
Message 4 of 7
dficarra
in reply to: Libbya

Hi Libbya, yes tried that. Didn't help.
Message 5 of 7
dficarra
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean. 

I've heard that before from somewhere, but we've got 3 machines here running ACA 2008  on Windows 7 and this was never an issue that happened to any of us.  We still get the normal everyday ACA issues from time to time like we used to on old XP machines.

We tried the right click on other dwg files he opened, tried it in paper space, tried it in model space, and it didn't work in any of them.

As for the options under the right click button...I don't know what was off when he first looked at it, but we tried toggling different combinations of the ones available there and none of the combos worked.

Message 6 of 7
dficarra

OK looks like our computer tech guy figured it out.

Under Options/Profiles....my boss' correct profile was already selected and eventhough I set it to current it still wasn't working.  The tech guy just hit the "Reset" button in there and all is right with the world again.

All that time I spent on this and that was the fix.  I hate this program somtimes.

Thanks for you help Libby & Dean.

Message 7 of 7
pendean

Not supported doesn't mean it can't run: apples and oranges my friend. Glad you got it to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost