AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

right-click context menu not working

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jkegle
5438 Views, 5 Replies

right-click context menu not working

I'm using Architecture 2012 and all of a sudden the right-click context menus are no longer specific to the selected objects.  If I pick a door/window tag, I no longer get the specific options to anchor it to a specific door/window.  This is typical of all objects now.  All that ever pops up is the basic context menu.  Anybody have any idea why this quit working?  Or, more importantly, how do I fix it?  -Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: jkegle

Welcome to the Autodesk forums.

Try Tools > Options > Settings > Selection > Noun/Verb selection .... or PICKFIRST = 1 at the command line

Message 3 of 6
jkegle
in reply to: nestly2

PICKFIRST did the trick. One of those obscure system variables that I have no idea how/why that spontaneously changed itself to 0. Thanks a bunch. I was just about to throw my computer out the window.
Message 4 of 6
nestly2

@jkegle wrote:
.... I have no idea how/why that spontaneously changed itself to 0.

FYI, escaping/cancelling out of lisp routines that don't have adequate error checking is a common culprit.

Message 5 of 6
E-Lavoie
in reply to: nestly2

You just saved my life, i just crashed and lost my context menu and i could not figure how to bring it back....tx a lot !

Message 6 of 6
karoline.haland

Try F12

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost