AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbons becoming greyed-out / unuseable.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
azwethinkweiz83
404 Views, 2 Replies

Ribbons becoming greyed-out / unuseable.

Hello folks,

My firm has just installed ACA2010, and I'm running into an annoying problem on my system.

I'll work in a drawing successfully for a few minutes, before the ribbons become greyed-out (as though I can't click them, and I can't).

I'm a keyboard junkie, so luckily the keyboard commands still work while the ribbon is like this. But there's a lot of ADT commands that I need the ribbons for. The only fix I found is to restart AutoCAD EVERY TIME. (Re-opening the drawing doesn't work)

Has anyone run into something similar? Or can anyone speculate WHY this is happening?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Do you have both the ACA and the ACAD cuix files loaded at the same time? If so, there are contextual ribbon tabs in both files that are set to the same action (such as editing MTEXT). Having both try to run apparently causes the greyed-out condition.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Actually, Yes, I had both those .cuix files loaded.

I solved the problem by deleting the "text editor active" contextual tab from one of them, seemed to do the trick.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost