AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon Questions

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
dougroberts
1024 Views, 9 Replies

Ribbon Questions

The Home Tab Ribbon dosn't  show the Tools and Build panels, should I reistall the prgram or am I just needing to reset some of the options, also the  project navigator is not inthe Quick Access Toolbar

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
David_W_Koch
in reply to: dougroberts

Are you running an ACA profile, or an ACA as AutoCAD profile?  Is the main CUI the ACA.cuix or the ACAD.cuix?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 10
dougroberts
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I am not sure how to tell,   would this be a set up option ?

Message 4 of 10
dougroberts

Under Options/ profiles I have "Auto CAD Architecture (US Imperial), could it be corrupt ?

Message 5 of 10
David_W_Koch

Perhaps.  Or maybe the CUI file has become corrupted or has been edited to remove the missing bits.

You can determine what CUI file(s) you have loaded by typing CUI at the command prompt.  On the Customize tab, in the upper left, you will find the Customizations in XXX CUI Files, where XXX is either All, Main or Enterprise.  You can use the drop-down list near the top of the upper left panel to examine the various CUI files that are loaded.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 10
dougroberts
in reply to: David_W_Koch

This is my set up I dont know if it is correct,  Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 10
jcp
Advocate

Your screenshot looks like your main customization file is defaulting to the autocad cui instead of the aca cui. In the upper left corner select the dropdown that says "All customization files" to see what is listed as the main customization file. It should be (aca.cuix) for the default architecture ribbon menu.

Message 8 of 10
dougroberts
in reply to: jcp

The aca.cuix file is shown as a read only file,  I cant seam to change it

Thanks again for every ones help

Message 9 of 10
jeffjc

I know this is probably a really easy question, but i just installed AutoCAD Architecture 2011 and the ribbons are floating right in the middle of my screen.  They are locked somehow and will not allow me to move them.  Does anyone know how to unlock them so i can rearrange them?

Message 10 of 10
jcp
Advocate

Not sure if this has changed in 2011 but holding down the Ctrl key in 2009 is supposed to temporarily unlock tool bars.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost