AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon displayed but inactive

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
anniesball72
584 Views, 6 Replies

Ribbon displayed but inactive

I am running Arch Desktop 2010 Version 2 on an XP Pro platform. The ribbon is displayed but all the buttons on the tabs are greyed out and inactive. The tabs work and I am able to browse the ribbon but unable to select a button.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: anniesball72

On 12/28/2009 1:25 PM, anniesball72 wrote:
> I am running Arch Desktop 2010 Version 2 on an XP Pro platform. The ribbon is displayed but all the buttons on the tabs are greyed out and inactive. The tabs work and I am able to browse the ribbon but unable to select a button.
>
This happens to me from time to time, as well. Restarting AutoCAD
usually fixes things, rebooting always has.

So that's not a real solution, but it keeps me going until someone comes
up with one.

-Bill
Message 3 of 7
David_W_Koch

Does the ribbon start out grayed out when you first open ACA, or does it happen some time later, after using the program? Do you have both the ACA and ACAD CUIX files loaded at the same time? If so, there is a known conflict that arises due to the fact that both CUIX files contain contextual ribbon tabs for the same object type. One frequently encountered conflict is when selecting MTEXT, as both have a contextual ribbon tab triggered by that selection.

The simple solution is to not load both at the same time. If there are features in the ACAD.cuix file that you must have, then you will want to either edit the ACAD.cuix file to remove the contextual ribbon tabs that it has in common with the ACA.cuix (archive a backup copy of the out-of-the-box file first) or create a custom CUIX file and transfer the things you want from the ACAD.cuix file to the custom CUIX file, omitting any conflicting contextual ribbon tab.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 7
anniesball72

The ribbon starts out active and then at some point becomes inactive. I'm not sure if have them loading at the same time. How do I verify that? I can tell you that I installed the .cuix files that contain the old toolbars. So I have the toolbars and the ribbon displayed at the same time right now. I'm in the process of learing the ribbon and will ultimatly remove the toolbars. I will try and implement your solution I however have never custimized my ACAD interface with previous releases so this is new to me.
Message 5 of 7
David_W_Koch

Type CUI at the Command: prompt. In the Customize User Interface dialog, click the Customize tab. In the upper left pane, make note of the Main Customization file and the Partial Customization files. If you have both the ACA.cuix and ACAD.cuix file loaded (or any two CUIX files that have conflicting contextual ribbon tabs), then you will have the ribbon lock up when selecting an object that has a contextual ribbon tab in both.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 7
anniesball72

I replaced my ACA and ACAD.cuix files with ones that have the toolbars. Is there a way to access the original .cuix files I replaced without re-installing?

Thanks
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

On Mon, 4 Jan 2010 10:43:30 -0800, Anniesball72 <> wrote:

>I replaced my ACA and ACAD.cuix files with ones that have the toolbars. Is there a way to access the original .cuix files I replaced without re-installing?

Yep.

1. Exit ACA.
2. Save the modified CUIx files to different names.
2. In the CUI editor, right-click on the CUI and hit "Restore CUIx" which will
restore the CUIx from the OOTB state.

Matt
matt@stachoni.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost