AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Clouds turning inside-out

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
CADgrump
7331 Views, 11 Replies

Revision Clouds turning inside-out

Howdy:

Although we're in Architecture 2012, I've gotten rid of the Windows ribbons and used MENULOAD to bring back the toolbars I am most efficient with.   Using the revision cloud button on the DRAW toolbar, I draw the clouds in paperspace like I always have.   The arcs of my clouds now flip back and forth so that they are sometimes correct and sometimes inside out.     I don't know when this started (with the upgrade to 2012?   out of the blue?), but it's been going on for a while and it happens whether I draw clouds clock-wise or counter clock-wise.

There used to be an option where you could "flip" the cloud to change the arc "direction" and now it seems to do it automatically.   No matter how slowly I draw a cloud, I often end up having to erase and redraw (and redraw, and redraw).  I've searched Help, but I can't find any mention of changing the orientation or direction of the arcs on a revision cloud.

Is this a feature, a setting or a bug in my system and is there any way to make it go away?

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
pendean
in reply to: CADgrump

It's been there for quite a while and is easily triggered when you drag-to-draw the cloud: very difficult to control of your arcs are small and you need to go back on yourself as you draw it.

Unless someone has a better idea, I find using REVCLOUD's OBJECT option to cconvert a drawn polygon/rectangle to a cloud shaped the best method with the best final control.

Message 3 of 12
CADgrump
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the input. I'll try using the OBJECT feature. Cheers. Jay Christy Banta Campbell Architects 410.290.9006
Message 4 of 12
chabot.oli

I think the best way is to finish your revision cloud a little bit higher than you started it. Then, it will clode in the good way. If you finish it lower than your starting point, it will close inside out.

Message 5 of 12

Start the REVCLOUD command, select an existing Revcloud, and it will ask if you want to reverse it.
======================================================

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solved your issue.

Intel 7740x - Quadro 6000 - 32Gb RAM - CADmouse - Logitech G710
Message 6 of 12
CADgrump
in reply to: chabot.oli

sorry for the delay...was on vacation.

thanks for the suggestion. i'm testing it out and it doesn't seem to matter whether my crosshairs are above or below the starting point of the cloud. as murphy would have it, the clouds are not acting up, right now, and everything is working like it should. i opened CAD and started testing in the empty file, so i'll have to try again sometime when i'm in a file full of stuff.

happy cadding.
Message 7 of 12

thanks, that's what i've been doing as a work-around. i was trying to understand what causes the last-second flip in the first place, so i can cloud and be done in one step, instead of two.
Message 8 of 12

Your Workaround is my Workflow.....learn some Keyboard Shortcuts.

Also, Ortho might affect things when you are 'finishing off' a cloud. Try holding 'shift' while trying to set the cloud direction.

Message 9 of 12

They're called "aliases" and I use them all the time. Left hand on the keyboard and right hand on the mouse. It's still stupid to take two steps when only one should be required. Also, Ortho has no affect - been there, done that. So far, it's another random CAD quirk that pops up to annoy at just the wrong time.

Cheers.
Message 10 of 12

aww....your day is cloudy in so many ways.

I gave up freehand Revclouds when I realised you could just slap a Polyline around everything and convert it. It even asks you if you want to reverse it or not. Can't remember if 2012 did that or not.

Message 11 of 12

Heh.

I'll have to check that out.

Thanks.
Message 12 of 12
vparovyk

I found out that the direction of cloud drawing matters. When points are specified counterclockwise the cloud is automatically flipped inside-out. When I draw it clockwise it appears normal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost