AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Cloud not working in Paperspace

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
15166 Views, 9 Replies

Revision Cloud not working in Paperspace

I am trying to place a revision cloud in paper space, using the _AecAnnoRevisionCloudAdd from the home ribbon.  It previews as I am drawing the cloud, but disappears as it is ready to close the cloud.  I am able to successfully use this command in other drawings and in this drawing in model space.  I am also able to use the REVCLOUD command successfully both in model space and paper space.  Does anyone have any thoughts as to what may be causing this?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like its trying to place on a layer that's frozen/off.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

I have thawed, turned on, and unlocked all layers then tried the command again.  The revision cloud still behaves in the same way.

Message 4 of 10
David_W_Koch

Have you VPLAYER thawed all layers?  Paper Space on a layout is a "viewport" and you can VPLAYER freeze things there.  I can reproduce the effect you describe by VPLAYER Freezing the G-Anno-Revs-N layer, which is the one that ribbon tool used in my quick experiment in ACA 2010.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

The solution you suggested solved my problem.  Thank you very much for your help!

Message 6 of 10
edborg

I have this issue as well and have tried the vplayer command with no success. Not sure exactly what to do with the Vplayer command. All layers are thawed and not frozen. Seems like something to do with a scale variable/setting. I can draw revision clouds in paper space; but the size of them are huge. I used to be able to do this with no problem prior to 2016 version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 7 of 10
kenn
in reply to: edborg

I am having this exact same problem with ACA 2016.  It takes alot of work just to get a revision cloud in paperspace.

Message 8 of 10
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: kenn

Hi @kenn,

In ACA 2016, revision clouds now draw at the current annotation scale, in modelspace as well as in paperspace. In order to work around this in paperspace, adjust the annotation scale to 1:1, and you should be able to draw them at the correct scale in paperspace.

This has already been reported to the development team for analysis, so that a fix may be provided in a future update or release.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 9 of 10
kjfadem

Here's a fix:

Check your arc length to make sure it's not too large (or too small) to be visible when you try to REVCLOUD an object.  That worked for me.

Message 10 of 10
HWK619

CHECK THE ARC LENGTH OF YOUR CLOUD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost