AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED - Export to PDF - Device Not Found???

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CCAP
4031 Views, 6 Replies

RESOLVED - Export to PDF - Device Not Found???

ACA2012, 64bit...

We've always printed to PDF rather than use the built-in AutoCAD PDF exporting functions.  Today I decided to play around with the built-in option to see how it worked.  It didn't.

I opened a sheet to export.  Went to the A->Export->PDF.  First tried the default settings, resulted in Device Not Found error in the plot/publish details window.  Tried changing the settings a bit, same result.

If it's a built-in function, why is the device not found???

Incidentally, I wanted to use the Adobe PDFMaker option, but it doesn't work with 64 bit AutoCAD. 😞 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CCAP
in reply to: CCAP

Nevermind.  Figured it out.

I didn't have the DWG To PDF.pc3 in the Plotters folder.  Works fine now. D'oh! 😄

Message 3 of 7
Impact

I love when people solve their own issue AND post the result for everyone.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 7
CCAP
in reply to: Impact

Something I appreciate as well. 🙂

Message 5 of 7
joec78

I know this is an old thread, but it saved me a ton of wasted time. Thanks!!

Message 6 of 7
d.samuel1994

hi, what does that mean i dont have that folder

Message 7 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: d.samuel1994

The "Plotters" folder to which CCAP referred is the folder in which the plotter configuration files are kept.  You can find which folder that is for your current Profile by opening the Options dialog.  On the Files tab (far left), expand the Printer Support File Path node, and below that, expand the Printer Configuration Search Path node to reveal the folder(s) in which AutoCAD will look for printers.

The default location is C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2016\enu\Plotters for the 2016 release, but this location can be changed when installing or creating a deployment, or could be changed afterwards.  Note also that the ProgramData folder is a hidden folder in Windows, so you have to turn on the display of hidden folders and files in order to be able to navigate that path.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost