AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reseting Architecture 2011 back to original settings

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
tjkollar
7848 Views, 6 Replies

Reseting Architecture 2011 back to original settings

So I just migrated over to Architecture 2011 a few days ago. In the process of customizing my ribbon & toolbars I managed to bring up a slew of pull downs & options (through "menuload") which I'll never intend to use. I attempted to unload the customized options however I managed to remove everything and now I cannot get back to square one where it was just after installation. All I want to do is to bring the ribbon settings back to the ACAD default. Does anyone know how to do this without a complete re-installation? I'd rather not have our IT guy come in just for this.

Thanks,

Tim

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sam.chan
in reply to: tjkollar

Hi,

Please see if the following steps resolve the problem:

1. Command prompt:  Options

2. Go to Profile Tab

3. Choose AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)

4. Choose Reset

5.  Ok and exit Option dialog.

Thanks,

Sam

AutoCAD Architecture team

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
tjkollar
in reply to: sam.chan

That would be the easiest way to fix the problem. However unfortunately I mindlessly made all the changes under that profile without creating a new personal one.

Is it possible that I can download a profile and load it on my machine?

Message 4 of 7
KathyMoffa

If you're on Windows 7 or Vista, you can restore the ACA.cuix from previous versions.   The path to locate the ACA.cuix in Windows 7 is: Users/Username/Appdata/Roaming/Autodesk/ACA2011/enu/Support.  RIght click on the ACA.cuix file and you'll see the "restore previous versions" option.  Click on it and follow the directions (you can go back to specific dates).    Once you return to the program,  if you had a custom workspace set up, you will need to change back to the default workspace to see the changes.   

Also, copy both the ACA.cuix and the the default as well as your custom profile to a secure location from which you can easily retrieve them.   

Message 5 of 7
sam.chan

Hi,

In addition to above-mentioned advice, each cui file typically comes with a system default file. For example, the system default file for acad.cui is acad.bak.cui.  You will find these under Support folder.  (Please backup these files before you do the test below)  Try the following things to see if this resolves the issue:

Put those *.bak.cui files to other location and rename the filename to remove the files to *.cui

Copy these files back to replace the original files (aca.cui and acad.cui) in the support folder.

Thanks,

Sam Chan

AutoCAD Architecture Team

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
tjkollar
in reply to: KathyMoffa

Worked great! Thanks...

Message 7 of 7
nataliezj
in reply to: sam.chan

Thanks much!  I used this to get my righ click menus back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost