AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacing a block question

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jhendershot
197 Views, 0 Replies

replacing a block question

morning all.

I have a block in our drawings and wanted to replace that block with another block/different name. the only difference between the two is that the new block has an additional attribute definition in it. the question is, can i replace all my tags in our drawings with this new tag with a different name and have the new attribute definition show up while still keeping the text already entered in the old block?

I have used the BLOCKREPLACE command with little success. it does rename all of my current blocks to the new block selected but does not bring in the new definition. if you explode the block it then shows all the attributes associated with the new block. also if i use the block attribute manager is only shows the original attribute definition and not the new one even though it shows the new block name. if you click on the 'sync' button in the attribute manager it then replaces the block to match the new block with all definitions but then erases all the entered text in the block

any ideas?

thanks.

joshua.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost