AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renovation Mode & PN

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
VaDesigner10
409 Views, 5 Replies

Renovation Mode & PN

Here it is 2013, two years after Renovation mode was integrated.  Does anyone here actually use it? 

Every once in a while, I have a residential renovation and try to use this Renvoation Mode.  Probelm is using it with PN.  Works great in The Construct, but try to create a View and then stick that on a sheet - pffft!

And like many other Autocad features, there is painfully little to no valuable documentation.

The question: how do you successfully use Reno.Mode with PN?!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: VaDesigner10

I have not used it in production work, but did, back in ACA 2011, help to write Appendix G to Paul Aubin's The Aubin Academy Master Series: AutoCAD Architecture 2011, which covers Renovation Mode.  I am not aware of any changes to Renovation Mode since then.

The tutorial was done using Project Navigator, and I do not recall any particular issues, provided Renovation Mode was activated properly in the View files.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Oilymo

We've had a play with it and had a training course with our reseller and all of us struggled to make it work.  We don't use the PN but even so we couldn't get it to work properly or understand it.

We need/use an existing and a proposed scheme (as do most people) however the renovation mode seems to add another step to that process i.e. the bits to be removed and this was a waste of time.

I am aware of a phasing function on Revit and am not sure if the RM was trying to emulate this.

More documentation and some vids would be appreciated Adesk.

Regards

Ben

Message 4 of 6
VaDesigner10
in reply to: David_W_Koch

What exactly do you mean "provided Renovation Mode was activated properly in the View files"? 

Do you mean that you have to activate RenoMode in the View, to generate the "Display"?  Can I simply import the display from the Construct?

Message 5 of 6
David_W_Koch

Just importing the Display Configurations created by Renovation Mode from the Constructs to the Views may be sufficient.  To the limited extent to which I have used it, I have always activated it in the View files.  This gives you access to the Demo Show/Hide and New Show/Hide tools.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 6

right - activating the renovation mode gives access to the Demo Show/Hide and New Show/Hide tools. But without any function, since they obviously can´t read the status of referenced objects. Same with the DEMO-PLAN and REVISION-PLAN tools. So there seems to be no way of creating status-plans using xref-technology - which is the basic method of creating anything within AutoCAD Architecture, as far as I know...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost