AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering Materials - Can you set the Materials origin in AutoCAD Arch 2011?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JakeTheSteak
1026 Views, 2 Replies

Rendering Materials - Can you set the Materials origin in AutoCAD Arch 2011?

As you can see in the attached image I have a weathered board and batten siding that I am using for the rendering material for a custom house that I am designing.  During the first round of design I had a horizontal trim board at the wall to floor transitions.  The client decided that they did not want the horizontal trim boards at the floor lines and it left me with what is shown / circled in the attached image.  I want to know if there is a way to set the material for multiple walls to the same origin point like you can for when you are hatching 2D elevations as such.  I have read through some similar post, but their questions where geared towards adjusting the material origin when you imported the model into VIZ or other rendering programs.  Currently I am rendering the model using cameras in cad and saving the image as an jpg.  I then import the rendered image into Photoshop and put the house onto the actual site.  If anybody knows how to create an origin point for individual ACE walls, it would be great to learn how to do it.  I am assuming that I could create a bunch of wall styles and just as many duplicate materials and adjust the offset location using the texture editor, but that would just become ridiculous and too time consuming.  I have also messed around with the “setuv” or “materialmap” command and have not had much luck with adjusting the origin point.  Let me know if you know of something that works.  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ntellery
in reply to: JakeTheSteak

I think it could be solved by setting your aecmaterial surface hatch setting origin to Global orientation rather than by object. This is found on the Hatching tab of the Material definition.  This aligns every instance of the aec hatch material to the same origin (0,0,0).

On the Other tab it determines whether the render material follows the hatch. Definitily if you set it to Same as surface hatch it will but I know for my roof object I need to use Face Mapping to get mat to fall to gutter and it still follows the global setting to stack various roof objects together and I want the material to align.

I don't think the mapping tools work with aec objects.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 3
JakeTheSteak
in reply to: ntellery

Hi ntellery, Thanks your for the suggestion, it worked. You just saved me a lot of Photoshop time. I will also keep the roof object note in mind too. Once again, thanks. Jake

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost