AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reload xref notify balloon not displaying

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
aluko0719
3483 Views, 27 Replies

reload xref notify balloon not displaying

in autocad architecture 2015. i have 2 computers that does not show the reload xref notify balloon. i have tried traynotify, traysettings, xnotifytime, i have looked in options, display graphics, and no luck. the only way that the balloon showes up is if i move the curser back and fourth realy fast at the bottom right corner of the screen. i do have 1 computer that showes up the ballon notification.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
tedwardspg
in reply to: aluko0719

options>system tab>infocenter> check the box to enable balloon notification and then export the profile so next time you open AutoCAD you do not need to do it all over again
ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 3 of 28
aluko0719
in reply to: tedwardspg

tried that and it did not work

Message 4 of 28
leothebuilder
in reply to: aluko0719

reset variable XREFNOTIFY=1

Message 5 of 28
aluko0719
in reply to: leothebuilder

i tried that did not work, i tried traynotify, traysettings, xnotifytime, options.

Message 6 of 28

Hi Adam,

Did the balloon nofication just stop working, or has it never worked?

Does it display in some files, but not others? Or never at all?

Do the notifications display for other users in your office, or is this affecting multiple machines?

If the issue is file-specific, you may want to check for file corruption.

If the issue is occurring on all files, but only on your machine, trying resetting and/or repairing the program.

Let us know if the issue persists, and we can make further recommendations to restore the notifications.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 7 of 28
dgorsman
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Another thing to check: is the area where the notification balloon on the primary or secondary monitor?  If the latter, does it work if AutoCAD is moved to the primary monitor?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 8 of 28

1. the notification never worked right.

2. it does this for all files.

3. i have three architure autocad's 2 of them don't work, the 3rd one works fine.

Message 9 of 28
aluko0719
in reply to: dgorsman

we only use one monitor, knowbody has a secondary monitor.

Message 10 of 28

Hi Adam,

Rereading this thread, I saw a previous suggestion to set XREFNOTIFY to 1, which only enables the notification icon in the Status Bar Tray and displays an alert symbol within the tray.

2015_ACA_XREF_Status_Bar_Notification.png

For the balloon messages to display as well, set XREFNOTIFY to 2.

If you've tested this, and the balloon notifications still do not display, I'd like to know if resetting or repairing the program restored the notification balloons.

Victoria Studley
Message 11 of 28

the setting is set to 2. i will only do the repair/reinstall as a last resort.

Message 12 of 28

Hi Adam,

Another customer reported this issue in ACA 2015, and we were able to resolve it. Could you try the following, please?

• Open both the main drawing and the XREF.
  • Modify and save the XREF.
  • Switch back to the main drawing and drag the mouse over the blank part of the Drawing Status Bar.

2015_ACA_Drawing_Status_Bar.png

If you're experiencing the same issue, the balloon notification should pop right up as you mouse over this area (outlined above in red).

Victoria Studley
Message 13 of 28

that only works if i know that the xref changed whant about when somelse makes changes?

Message 14 of 28
jshimkus

I'm having this same issue on 2 machines, but I have 40 machines to upgrade to MEP 2015.

Moving the mouse to a blank area, within the display time limit, to get it to display is NOT a resolution!

As the OP said, if some other user modifies a file I have referenced, I wont know about it.

Message 15 of 28

I also have this problem in ACA2015, except in my case, it's not consistent.   Most of the time (80-90% of the time), I do not get the baloon notification, or it is extremely slow to appear.  Occasionally,  it does show correctly.   I've resorted to just leaving the xref manager open so that I can easily reload the modified drawing each time. 

Message 16 of 28
o.otte

Hello Victoria,

I have a problem similar with autoCAD 2015 : the notification balloon is hidden by the command line. Is there a solution to bring the notification on top? (see print screen attached).

Thanks,

Olivier.

Message 17 of 28
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: o.otte

Hi Oliviere,

This looks like a slightly different issue than the ACA-specific problem posted here, although they may be related. Considering you're working in core AutoCAD 2015, would you mind posting a new thread with your symptoms and that screenshot in the core AutoCAD forum? This will ensure it gets the proper attention.

Victoria Studley
Message 18 of 28
nathan

Same thing here. ACA2015

Message 19 of 28
o.otte
in reply to: nathan

Hello Nathan,

I finally solved the issue on my own.

The command line window wasn't "docked" inside the general window. So I just had to move the command line window a bit to the right so it comes touching an other window and so it docks itself.

Hope it's clear enough!

Olivier. 

Message 20 of 28
nathan
in reply to: o.otte

Hi mate no thats not the problem, the problem is that the balloon doesnt appear or pop up reliably. Ive found that between sheet dwgs and views/construct dwgs its ok, but between view dwgs and construct dwgs its failing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost