AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reflective Ceiling

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
523 Views, 4 Replies

Reflective Ceiling

Hello All,
A simple question for anyone. Is it possible to place a ceiling grid in a room that is not square and is not divisible by the size of the ceiling tile? I have found that if the room has an offset it will require multiple grids, or a grid to fill the extra inches at the edge of the room. I can not even imagine trying to place a ceiling grid in a room with a curved or angled wall. Thank you for your assistance.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Make the size of the grid larger than the room. Use either a Space object or a closed LWPOLYLINE to serve as the boundary for the grid.

Try to keep the grid size at or close to the minimum required. While the grid will only show inside the clipping boundary, the full grid is maintained in the file/in memory. You can make a file get really huge in a hurry if you make all of your ceiling grids 100'x100', rather than working out the minimum each space needs.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you David, with your help I was able to create an L shaped ceiling. I believe I am still doing something wrong or missing something as I can only accomplish this at a zero elevation. With my ceiling at any other elevation this masking does not work.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

are you in the reflected display configuration?

wrote in message news:6307222@discussion.autodesk.com...
Thank you David, with your help I was able to create an L shaped ceiling. I
believe I am still doing something wrong or missing something as I can only
accomplish this at a zero elevation. With my ceiling at any other elevation
this masking does not work.
Message 5 of 5
David_W_Koch

Hmmm. I have not done this in a while, and can not check at the moment. If you are using a LWPOLYLINE as the clipping agent, it may be that the polyline and the ceiling grid need to be at the same elevation. You might try moving both the polyline and the ceiling grid vertically and see if that makes a difference.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost