AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REFEDIT - Frustrating!!!!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
r.torres
3174 Views, 9 Replies

REFEDIT - Frustrating!!!!

I am on AA2013 - Whenever I edit a block with REFEDIT, when trying to save/exit, it freezes, and it takes a looong time to exit, sometimes it will crash.....anyone knows what is going on?

Thanks,

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
thawkeshnm
in reply to: r.torres

I get the same problems with refedit'ing blocks in a largish cad file. When I say largish I am talking 6mb files, with 14,000 objects. I hope that if you copy the block to a new fresh autocad file that it still doesnt take just as long to edit the block.

Maybe the block is an older block from old versions of autocad? Try exploding the block, purging everthing unnecessary, copying, and pasting into a new cad file, then re-create the block and save it on top of the old block file.

Is there a difference in speed between using "edit block in place" and just "edit block"?

I don't know of any values you could change within autocad.

Message 3 of 10
pendean

Is this a 2D block?

Is it a Dynamic Block?

An AEC block?

Does BEDIT command behave the same way?

Also examine the reply above and see if it drawings-specific only.

Message 4 of 10
r.torres
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the replies.

Drawing is 3.18 mb.

I opened 2 other drawings and the REFEDIT command works and closes just fine, so it seems to be related to this drawing.....these are 2D blocks.  BEDIT is somewhat slow closing/saving but not as much as REFEDIT

Thanks

Message 5 of 10
hugoéfmpplus.be

have the same problem with autocad 2014. I'm also looking for a solution...

Message 6 of 10
pendean
in reply to: hugoéfmpplus.be

No one has identified the problem: can you? Starting with a DG would help.
Message 7 of 10
fahadmostafiz
in reply to: pendean

set LAYERDLGMODE to 0 solved my problem.

Message 8 of 10
wildkid.t

Save Reference Edits 

'_zoom _e  $M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,refeditname),""),^C^C^P(ai_refedit_alert)^P,^C^C_refclose _sav) zoom p

Discards REFEDIT working set changes

'_zoom _e $M=$(if,$(eq,$(getvar,refeditname),""),^C^C^P(ai_refedit_alert)^P,^C^C_refclose _disc) zoom p

Message 9 of 10
m.lardinoye
in reply to: wildkid.t

I don´t understand this solution. What should I do with this ´code´. It doesn´t work as a command.

I´m using acad 2021

Message 10 of 10
pendean
in reply to: m.lardinoye

@m.lardinoye To use the macros provided in the post above yours you will need to edit existing or create new buttons in the Ribbon in AutoCAD for them, here is a quick overview video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Ro-k-6f_U

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost