AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redlines to drawings

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
thawkeshnm
1167 Views, 1 Reply

Redlines to drawings

Currently once I have finished a drawing I print to PDF and send the drawing out to document control for distribution. Eventually I get some feedback that a few things on the drawings need to change.

This involves me

1.) Modifying the original dwg file

2.) Printing to PDF

3.) Opening the PDF with PDF X-Change viewer and drawing revision clouds and other notes on top of the PDF

3.1) I could also replace the PDF with DWF files, but then I would still have to make revision clouds and notes on the DWF file. But everyone uses PDF so I stick with PDF.

4.) Issuing back to document control for distribution.

Is there another way to make redlines within autocad so that changes will show up in red?

- Move a wall? Its red.

- Add a drawing and viewport to a paperspace tab? Its red.

- Add more text to an mtext or dtext object? New text is red.

I am looking for ideas other than moving those objects to a new layer, or manually colouring them red.

I like the way Microsoft word has a track changes button, where everything I delete goes red and gets a line through it, and all new text is red.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
pendean
in reply to: thawkeshnm

>>>...This involves me...<<<

>>>...Opening the PDF with PDF X-Change viewer and drawing revision clouds and other notes on top of the PDF...<<<

Option1: Draw "red" revision clouds and notes in AutoCAD is the obvious step.

Options 2: unless you are on an old verion of ACA/ADT, reference the PDF into the DWG file and skip a whole step if others are performing the PDF redlines, and not you, as you implied in your post.

Option 3: collaborate online with AutoCADWS, it's all about redlining actual DWG files with/for your recipients. Even "conference redline" together. ALL FOR FREE. Skip the step of processing a PDF/DWF.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost