AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recover Lost File

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kennethgcre6
366 Views, 2 Replies

Recover Lost File

81 Columbia Street

8 Floor Apt 8D

New York, NY 10002

EMail kencreightney@verizon.net

Phone  212-473-1682

Cell 917-406-3469

I Am Retired 88 years Old

Creightney Design INC      Formerly Creightney Interiors

My Autocad is 2002 AutoDesk 3.3

I started 3 days ago drawing a Luxury Apartment for New York City I saved it several times and all of

a sudden it went  blup It is gone, gone gone To see no more

What do I want ? For you to help me to replace it. Please. Please.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: kennethgcre6

hi, go to command>options>files>and check where is the folder located for your .bak files. Rename .sv$ or .Bak to .dwg

or check which folder you originally saved your drawings and rename .bak or .tmp to .dwg.

Suggestion :

go to options>open and save>change the default from ac$ to sv$ and change automatic save to 10-15 minutes incase you encounter unexpected error you have latest  files to retrieve.

please find attached for reference. hope it helps.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3
chemionix321
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Thanks for the tip!! i was looking for the same file recovery things and alas found one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost