AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

random line appears on plots

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
5474 Views, 7 Replies

random line appears on plots

I printed drawing on my HP 9800 (11x17) black and white except for some random green line that does not show up in print preview, or in the drawing in model space or a layout.

I printed as a pdf also, and the random green line appeared too.

What could be going on?  Why a random unknown printed object (UPO) when it is  time to plot final drawings???

Help  if you can.

Thanks,

ACA2011

win7 64

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
leothebuilder
in reply to: Anonymous

I think your UPO is really a UFO and if this problem persists you should contact NASA, FBI, CIA, FAA and a bunch of others cuz if you don't finish your project on time you'll be MIA if not DOA. (IMHO of course .... ROFLAO)

Just kidding.....

Can you isolate if this UPO is in model or paper space ? (move your viewport)

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: leothebuilder

leothebuilder,

thanks....glad you got the joke

LOL,

Okay, I purged, and auditedthe drawing and tried to plot.  Same UPO same place, both in a pdf and from printer.

The line does not show up in model space or any viewport.  In fact it is not contained by any viewport.

When printing from model space the line does not show up.  I have tried other layout tabs, 2out of 3 have the UPO.  So the problem seems to be with layout tabs.  So I will just delete them and creat new ones. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I created new layouts.  SAME PROBLEM.  However I notice that when I changed the drawing orientation from portrait to landscape the problem goes away.

So did a driver go postal or what?

Message 5 of 8
MarySeufert

Que Twilight Zone music...

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 6 of 8
tjshaffer

Queue the Twilight Zone music for me too.  I have the same problem in Civil 3D without a workable solution yet 😕

Message 7 of 8
ssh.ko
in reply to: tjshaffer

That just happened to me...got a random line somewhere in my drawing that didn't appear anywhere in model/paper views. After trying a couple of things I read off the web, I used REGEN and the rogue line mysteriously appeared in model view, so I was able to delete it. In case future users have the same problem 🙂

Message 8 of 8
Rafamate

I came across a similar issue today. Random lines were printing in paper space but those lines were nowhere to be found.

I ran some tests:

1. I unloaded a model file and printed again, strange lines did not plot.

2. I reloaded the model file and printed again, strange lines came back.

3. I opened the model file, thawed / unisolated / turned all layers on. Did not find strange lines.

4. I went back to the sheet drawing, detached the model file, re-attached it and printed again. Strange lines have disappeared.

Not sure if it works everytime or just once in my case, but I hope it solves this problem for someone else.

Best regards!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost