AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Railing will display in elevations but will not plot legacy hidden

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
joeboise
537 Views, 2 Replies

Railing will display in elevations but will not plot legacy hidden

I'd like to use stairs and railing for a project but when I try to plot elevations and perspective views in legacy hidden viewports I am getting this effect where the railing is displayed but does not plot, yet hides objects behind it. I've changed materials without luck. Any advice would be helpfull. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MarySeufert
in reply to: joeboise

Without the drawing and your plot style table, it is hard to know what is going wrong.

Start by making sure the color or style applied to the object is set to plot under your CTB or STB.

If it isn't a plot style issue, start digging through the display manager to figure it out.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 3
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: joeboise

Hi Joe,

Are you working in AutoCAD Architecture 2014 or 2015?

This may be related to a known issue with curved geometry and Shade Plot. Could you please try the following, and let me know if the railing now plots?

• In the layout tab, activate the viewport and swtich the Visual Style to "2D Wireframe". (This issue often presents when Visual Style is set to "Hidden".)
  • Deactivate the viewport, select it, and open the Properties palette.
  • In the Misc section, adjust Shade Plot to "Legacy Hidden".
  • Plot the layout using the "DWG to PDF.pc3".

Visual_Style_and_Shade_Plot.png

Depending on your plot settings, you may find different combinations of Visual Style and Shade Plot that yield better results.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost