AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purge plotters

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jmartinarch
383 Views, 5 Replies

purge plotters

ACA 2011 Win 7 - 64

How do I purge or delete the printers/plotters from the list in the plot set up dialog.  I have several that go to the same machine but are not config'd correctly or just simply not used.  Can I get rid of them so I don't have to sort through when plotting?

Also,  what about the list of sheet set ups in the plot dialog? Can they be purged somehow?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

File > Plotter Manager. Delete the ones you don't use.

If you change plotter properties when you plot and it asks you if you want to save the setup, it will make a new one. Select No to keep that from happening.

Message 3 of 6

There is only one listed. a .pc3 file. 

When printing from other applications I notice these extra plotters (really copies of the same) too.  So I went to control panel - devices & printers and only one plotter is there. (along with my other devices).

Message 4 of 6

browse to the folder "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2012\enu\Plotters" and delete any plotters in this folder that you don't use. it's best to make a copy of that folder's contents before you delete them in the eveny you delete tho wrong thing.

Message 5 of 6

Thanks,  however as I suspected once there I found only .pc3 files.  And only one for my plotter.  I think the problem may go beyond autocad as these "plotters" are available when I try to print from other applications as well.  😞

Message 6 of 6

if you are seeing them in other applications then is an operating system issue rather than an autocad issue. look in your device manager to see if they are listed in there, if they are then you can probably remove them but be VERY careful as removing the wrong thing in there can cause some headaches.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost