AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purge PDF File

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2929 Views, 6 Replies

Purge PDF File

Does anyone know how to purge PDF files from your Drawing? I tried using the Image command, but it doesn't list PDF underlay's anymore. I've tried just using the purge command but it doesn't show up there either. The way I know it's there after I delete it is, (1) The drawing file is STILL really slow and (2) it shows up as a required file when I do an etransmit. Which also makes the etransmit file huge as well.

So, does anyone know how to purge them without wblocking the file to itself?

Thanks,

Micheal

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
John.W.Mumaw
in reply to: Anonymous

It should show up in the Xref Manager.  Just right click and choose detach.

John

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Lost Bent Woodworking & Design
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

You know that is what I thought too, but when I type in XREF, the only thing I see in the xref manager dialog box are xref dwg files, NOT pdf files.

I'm in a drawing right now that have both xref dwg files and a pdf underlay and I can assure you that is not the case here. All I see are the dwg files. In fact I have never seen a pdf file listed in my xref manager, only the image manager, and I haven't seen PDF files listed anywhere in the last two versions of AutoCAD Architect. 

That is why I'm asking for help. Is there some other way of accessing the xref dialog box so that it shows pdf files? or is there a setting I need so that they show up there?

Micheal

Message 4 of 7
John.W.Mumaw

What version are you using.  I'm working in a drawing in 2012 right now with a total of 19 pdf files as underlays and they all show up.

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I figured it out!

You have to have your SDI set to 0 for the dialog box to show pdf files.

I've been using the old dialog box by setting my SDI to 1 and working on single drawing mode.

It seems there are more than just xrefs showing up in the new dialog boxes.

Thanks to all that looked at this for me. Hope I helped someone with the same problem

Micheal

Message 6 of 7
John.W.Mumaw

Glad you figured it out.  I'm not sure I ever would have guessed that.

John W. Mumaw
Timber Frame Designer
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: John.W.Mumaw

Believe me it was an accident.

Some one just asked me how to get the old dialog boxes back for the layers and xrefs, so .....

Xrefs - SDI -1

Layers - layerdlgmode - 0

Micheal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost