AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property sets and space tags

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
199 Views, 5 Replies

Property sets and space tags

We use a sort of generic space style to attach room tags to and as a container for room finish info. (Since each room may have different finish requirements we need to have the property set attach to the object not the style) We're using 2008 now and something seems to be different. In the before time we had the room finish info (attached to object not style) attach automatically to the space object when the object was inserted from the pallet. Now I don't seem to be able to make that happen. Now I have to go to each space object after it's been inserted and attach the property set manually. I'm sure there's a way to make the attachment happen on insertion, I just can't figure it out.

Does anybody know how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You can select all the spaces and attach the RoomFinish property set all at once.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Were you also automatically tagging the spaces at the same time? If so, you can still do that - just specify a tag in the Tool palette tool's properties. If that tag references your object-based room finish Property Set Definition, that will come along for the ride as well.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I guess I'm a little confused as to why, when I check the "applies to" box in the property set definition, it doesn't apply it to the object. If I didn't want it applied I probably wouldn't check the box. I guess that would be a wish list item...put it back the way it was. Simple is good.

So anyway, I decided that I would use the tag definition tool to create a new room tag that references the desired property set. Everything goes fine, I grab the stuff name the new tag and select an insertion point. A multi-view block is then created and placed in my drawing. When I look at its properties, it not a "tag" and when I try to drag it to the pallet from the drawing, it won't. So apparently I'm missing something fundamental and more than likely really simple.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry, I got distracted.

Anyway what I ended up doing was redefining my existing tag to include a reference to one of the properties within the set I wanted, as you suggested, and it dragged the whole property set along with it, just as you said it would. So thanks for that information, it'll do for now.

I'm just trying to understand what I'm missing in the tag definition process.

Thanks for the help!
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Did you save the drawing file in which you created the tag, after creating the tag and before trying to make a tool palette tool?

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Using ADT 2004 at work; access to 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008 at home

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost