AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Set Definitions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
salvagni
293 Views, 5 Replies

Property Set Definitions

I have made a property set definition for doors called FrameStyles.  I would like this to automatcally be available when i instert a door and put a door tag to it, but the only way i can get this to work is to having to manually load it in everytime i add a tag.  is there a way to get this to automatically be available like the way the door object property set definition is when i add a tag?  I have "applies to" doors and door and window assemblies checked.  i am using AutoCAD Architecture 2010.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
leothebuilder
in reply to: salvagni

Is your framestyle PSD object based or style based ?

Message 3 of 6
David_W_Koch

Building on Leo's response, if your PSD contains properties that are either all automatic properties, or, it there are manual properties, the values would be the same for all instances of a particular door style, then you could make that PSD style-based and add it to your Door Styles.  When importing a Door Style to a drawing that does not already have it, a style-based PSD attached to the style will come along for the ride.

If your PSD is object-based and needs to remain object-based (manual properties that need to change on a per-instance basis, or Location properties), then if you can save your PSD to a source file that is accessible to all of your users, you can edit the properties of the tag tool and add that PSD to the list of properties to be added by that tool when tagging.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 4 of 6
salvagni
in reply to: David_W_Koch

how do i share my psd with other users?

Message 5 of 6
leothebuilder

If you're going to use this PSD in all your projects, just copy and paste into your template .dwt file.

Make sure you have both the source and destination files open and In the Style Manager copy the PDS in source and paste into the destination file.

As for the doors and frames in your schedule, I'm still not sure if you want a door in a DWA to show the frame size of the door, or the overall DWA size. Let us know what you want to achieve.

Message 6 of 6
salvagni
in reply to: leothebuilder

Let me explain what I am trying to do.  I have a building that has different wall types. Some walls are CMU which requires a door frame to have a 4" head, so i have to use a door and window assembly.  I also have walls that are stud and drywall which i can use just the regular door tool.  when i produce my door schedule i need the door frame width and height for the regular doors and the door frame and height for the DWA with the 4" head to appear on my door schedule.  i do not want the overall width for both the regular doors using the door tool and the DWA to appear in the same cell but in the same column, i have a column for width where i want the overall frame width for the doors and DWA and i have a column for height where i want the overall frame height for doors and DWA.  hopefully this clarifies things.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost