AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Palette problem 2012

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
CHARLESRDS
2384 Views, 10 Replies

Properties Palette problem 2012

I'm having a problem with my properties window or floating palette. When I select an object, such as a "line", my properties palette refreshes itself for about 3 seconds. When I hit esc, or deselect the line, it takes another 3 seconds to refresh itself. You can even see the properties palette start at the top and go blank as it travels downward.  Very slow process, I can not get anything done. IF I close my properties palette, it does not have the delay, but I can not work without it. When I reboot, it works fine for about 5-6 selections, then jams back up.

This seems to have just started recently. I have not changed any part of my system.  Anyone have any ideas?Thanks!

ACA 2012 sp1 with Win 7 Pro 64bit sp1

Intel i7 hex 3.0

16 gb ram

Nvidia Quadro 4000

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Could you check the following setting? •Is the property palette docked to the sides and Auto hide is disable? If not, could you please check with this setting? •Toggle the hardware acceleration setting from Options -> System tab -> performance setting -> Manual setting -> Enable / disable hardware acceleration. •Are there any custom lisp or arx loaded on the application? •Check if the issue is reproducible on the same machine with a different user account. Prefer a new admin user account to test this issue. This will help us know if there is any corrupt user data / registry key that could be causing this issue.

Niranjan Kamath

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the reply. I have found this is a McAfee AV scanning issue. I have contracted McFee a fewl times will no luck. I must turn off "real time scanning" within McAfee and ACA works fine. If I can get a solution from them and I will repost. If not i must find another AV program. McAfee claimed it's ACA.problem. 

Message 4 of 11
MarySeufert
in reply to: CHARLESRDS

I don't know if McAfee has this function or not, but I have added the installation folders of my AutoCAD products to the Exclusion list of my AV. You could try that if available.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 5 of 11
CHARLESRDS
in reply to: MarySeufert

I have not seen an exclusion list on McAfee's end. But so far , so good today. It is working properly without doing anything. Maybe McAfee has already updated it without my knowledge. The mcshield.exe (real time scanning) is currently using only 1% of the CPU and the virtual memory is a constant. Thanks everyone, again.

Message 6 of 11
RCBV

I just started having this issue and I'm running ACA 2011. I recall McAfee doing a software update the other day. If I turn "off" the real time scanning function my computer is "at risk". is there any manual update that you did with McAfee to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Robert Black, Assoc. AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Associate
StovallSmithNeyman and Associates Architects
Message 7 of 11
CHARLESRDS
in reply to: RCBV

Unfortunately no, I haven't seen a solution. This problem is hard for me to reproduce. For days my system runs fine then I notice ACA bogging down. I switch over the McAfee and turn the real time scanning off. I might wait a day or two, or reboot the PC and it's back to normal. I do know the "trigger" or what causes the infrequency. Sorry!

Message 8 of 11
comissos

I also have this problem on two Gateway machines with Integrated Intel Graphics.

This is a NEW problem but we are not sure what triggered it.  It started about 2 months ago.

So far, I have:

Reinstalled AutoCAD LT 2012 and SP1

Turned on Hardware Accelleration using 3dconfig.

Removed Apple Software

Removed Microsoft Silverlight

One machine is particularly stripped down so I am thinking it is a Windows 7 Problem.  The reason for this is because I have another copy running on Windows XP Pro SP3 and the delay in writing and re-writing this pallete when objects are selected is about a third of the Windows 7 machines.

I do not run Mcafee but rather Kaspersky.

My next step is to uninstall Kaspersky and see if that helps but again, this is a new problem and I am acting a little desperatly as this is really reducing productivity.

Message 9 of 11
CHARLESRDS

Well I know exactly what causes the problem for me. It's McAfee" Real time scanning". If I turn it off. Everything is fine. I will turn it back on when I'm finished in ACA2012 and it might go a couple of days before it pops up again. I've learned to manage it manually. When my subscription to McAfee runs out, I will look for another AV.

Message 10 of 11
comissos

Yes, you are correct.  When I turn off System Watcher in KASPERSKY the problem corrects itself.

So what I have done is to go into application control and edit the setup for AutoCAD only and the problem is corrected and I can still have System Watcher on for everything else.

However, I am still bothered by the fact that, prior to the new year, this problem did not exist in the two machines with this software combo.

Thank you.

Message 11 of 11
MarySeufert

I'll suggest what I use... ESET Nod32. It is very easy to add all AutoCAD installation folders to its scan exclusion list. I know that the choice is often not in the users control, but you can persude the powers that be at least.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost