AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties Palette no longer appears when I double-click

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CADgrump
327 Views, 2 Replies

Properties Palette no longer appears when I double-click

Hello:

Out of the blue, I can no longer open the Properties Palette when I double-click on something.   Sometimes, I get the Quick Properties Box, instead -- which was already turned off.   I've triple checked that the QP is off, made sure no tool tips or the like are on, and I've rebooted the computer, but I can't get rid of the thing.

The main Properties Palette still opens up when I use CTRL-1, if I type "properties" at the command prompt, and if I right-click and select "Properties" from the short-cut menu.   Sounds great -- except when I double-click something out of habit and can't jump into the palette and keep going.   Instead I have to clear out of whatever pops up on my screen and open the PP 'manually'.

I've gone in to the CUI and dragged "Properties" in to the double-click function, but...nada.

I'm hoping someone has a fix for this, because I am tired of burning time on it.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: CADgrump

Change your mouse perhaps: any other dpuble-click issues?

Message 3 of 3
CADgrump
in reply to: pendean

Hi: An excellent thought! Fortunately, my double-click function has not changed in any other program and I can still 'get around' normally. Unfortunately, my double-click function has not changed in any other program and I have no clue as to why. I appreciate the help, though. Jay Christy Banta Campbell Architects 410.290.9006

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost