AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project synchronize

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
justingautreaux5527
333 Views, 3 Replies

Project synchronize

Could someone please explain the synchronize component in project standards.  I am having a problem with my sheet files not displaying the views correctly.  Maybe the synchronize component is not the answer but, I need some assistance in figuring out why my sheets don't display exactly how they are represented in the views.  I am currently working on AutoCAD Architecture 2014 and don't ever remember having this problem in the past.  Any insight on how to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi Justin,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with the way your Views display after placing them on a Sheet.

-How are the Views displaying differently on the Sheet than in the View file? (Linetype, extra linework, missing linework, color, etc.)

-Does the issue happen with every View in every Sheet file?

-Does it happen in any other projects, or just one project?

-Was the project created in ACA 2014, or in a previous version?

-Have you checked for file corruption? (Check at the Sheet, View, Construct, and Element levels.)

-If you could upload a screenshot of what you're expecting and another of what you're seeing, that would be helpful in diagnosing the issue.

-Additionally, if you could attach a sample View and Sheet file (or provide a link to the full project in a private message), I'll be happy to take a look.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 4

Project synchronization is not the complete answer.  Project properties does have a setting that relates to coordination of layers.  There are also problems with transfer of cut plane settings from view to sheet.

sheetlayers.png

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your response but I think I have resolved my issue.  Turns out it was a setting in the sheet template file.  I used an old .dwt file and made the new .dwt match the old one.  Everything seems to work for now.

Thanks again,

Justin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost