AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Navigator Levels changed to decimal...Help

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
EricJWD
599 Views, 7 Replies

Project Navigator Levels changed to decimal...Help

Hi everyone. Just recently we have noticed that the levels in projects that were previously set up in Project Navigator have changed from feet/inches to decimal.

We use a company standard template when starting/setting up projects and that has not changed. Also the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2014\enu\Template folder has the AEC imperial dwt files in if that still matters.

I am not sure what triggered this change but how do we get the levels back to displaying in feet / inches?

Thank you in advance for the help.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Victoria.Studley
in reply to: EricJWD

Hi Eric,

How recently did this start happening?

How many machines are affected?

What changes were made to the machines around the time the Levels began displaying this way? (New programs installed, service packs, hotfixes, security/antivirus adjustments, Microsoft updates, etc.)

Which versions of ACA are you using?

If you click the Edit Levels button, do the heights display in feet and inches in the dialog box, or do those also display in decimal?

If you undock and redock the Project Navigator palette, do the Levels display in feet and inches again?

On a single machine, as an initial test, I'd like you to:

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 8
EricJWD
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Hi Victoria,

It started about a month ago. as users including myself were opening their projects thru the navigator.

All systems are affected. All cad files are on a network that is accessed by approx 20 operators.

No service packs or hot fixes were installed...probably Microsoft Updates .

We are using ACA 2014.

Editing levels and redocking did not change them back.

I havent had the chance to preform that initial test but I will do that next.

Thank you for your help and attention to this.

Happy Holidays.

Eric

Message 4 of 8
EricJWD
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

Hi Victoria..I was wondering if you had a chance to look into this any further.

I had performed everything per your list but no change.

Thank you for your time and input.

Eric

Message 5 of 8
E-Lavoie

Had thes ame problem in the past, only solution i found was to remake a project from a good template and copy past everything inside

Message 6 of 8
EricJWD
in reply to: E-Lavoie

Is this level info stored in the .apj file?

I also checked my dwt template file to make sure the units didnt change and that was fine.

I decided to create a new project in Navigator using the Autocad "Template Project (Imperial).apj" and that DID set up the levels in feet/inches.

Do I need to recreate a new .apj file?...amd if so how?

Thank you for the help.

Message 7 of 8
eluci0

Are you guys still having this issue?  Let me know I like to think I have the solution.

Thanks

Erick

Message 8 of 8
VaDesigner10

I'm a few years late in responding. This just happened to me (running 2016). I came here looking for an answer.

I'm not sure why it happened and to fix it, go to OPTIONS, and on the AEC PROJECT DEFAULTS tab. Look at the path given for the "Default Project Bulletin Board". It likely is metric - change it. 

You'll also want to check the other paths, as well as the paths on the FILES tab. Though these will not have affected the Levels, I have found that my paths changed to point to metric files and needed to change them back as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost