AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

project navigator greyed out

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
75ironhead
879 Views, 7 Replies

project navigator greyed out

I had to switch to a back up PC running ACA13, both machines running on windows 7 64bit .

After working for several hours on a project I closed down and went back to my normal PC, I reopened it on my workstation but when I went to the sheet tab to publish the Job all Options were grayed out, or faded (not selectable) as if it was checked out. So I reopen the project on the back-up PC and confirm it was logged out and closed. I also checked all the paths, everything looks correct. 

anyone have ideas on what could cause the Project Navigator to limit use on the sheets tag for publishing?

Todd

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
75ironhead
in reply to: 75ironhead

I just confirmed that it is only the project navigator in ACA 2015, my ACA 14 and 13 both work on all of my projects. Its on the 15 version that is grayed out on ALL of my projects.
I just tried a "Repair Option" and it did nothing.
Why is it things always brake on a deadline.....

Message 3 of 8
dbroad

This is not an answer but might be relevant.

Did you try to create a small test project to confirm that the 2013, 2014, and 2015 versions of ACA were both forward and backward compatible with one another?  I always assume that ACA is never backwards compatible and that assumption has always served me well. I usually get a warning when opening an older version with a more recent version.  Perhaps 15 is protecting you from potential corruption.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 8
75ironhead
in reply to: dbroad

So I created a test project in ACA15 and after opening in ACA13 it appears Not to be compatible, Kind of odd that I received No warning when opening in 13 or 15.

This is very discouraging since now ALL of my Projects will not work in 15, even the ones I did not open in ACA13.

Message 5 of 8
dbroad

There could be more to your situation to just incompatibility. I suggest a reinstall or repair install.  Also, if you are working on copies of the project, then make sure that the project folders are read/write.  Might be time to involve your vendor or if you are on subscription to fill out a support ticket.

Message 6 of 8
75ironhead

Thanks anyway.

I was hoping others had gone through a similar dilemma but apparently not. I did pull a subscription ticket for this issue but could not wait due to dead lines. A simple "repair" did not work nor did a the reinstall option. I had to do a Full uninstall/install to get it to function again.

not so happy camper

Message 7 of 8
dbroad

Glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for the kudos.

Message 8 of 8
75ironhead

I often publish from a project without opening a drawing. The problem is that in the 2015 Project Navigator it will not function fully unless there is a dwg open, unlike previous versions 13 and 14. 

I submitted this problem to Autodesk and hopefully they can add it in the next SP, for anyone else that comes across this issue no need to reinstall just make sure any drawingis Open

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost