AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Fields in Title Block Sheet Template

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cwinches
915 Views, 6 Replies

Project Fields in Title Block Sheet Template

I've created a sheet template that includes Fields to populate the sheet with the Project Name and location among others like scale, etc. When I create the new sheet in the project navigator most of the fields populate with the correct information based on the parameters set in the project. However, it consistantly does not populate the Project name and location. When I click the field and ensure that the attribute is set correctly then it renders the correct information. The problem is this ends up being a manual operation yet it still reads as a smart tag. Why do these not populate automatically?

Here's my process:

Create dwt for sheet file and include xref of title block.

Create a block with attributes that link to AEC Project, CurrentSheetTitle, etc. and insert into dwt.

In project navigator I create new sheet and select my template.

Information does not populate.

But when I view the block and close (no edits) it then links.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
leothebuilder
in reply to: cwinches

I'm not sure if creating a block within the dwt to hold the fields will work.

I have the fields directly in the dwt.

Also, attaching the title block to the dwt creates a problem when using the project as a project template.

Xrefs withing dwt's lose their path.

Message 3 of 7
cwinches
in reply to: leothebuilder

The xref is overlaid in the dwt. I've done this in the past as early as release 2005. It seems to be working fine. The issue with the block is the strange part: Some tags within the inserted block work perfectly fine, while others don't - specifically AEC Project based fields. I will try the putting the fields directly into the dwt and see if that works. Thanks so much for your reply and I will post back if that proves to be the solution.

Message 4 of 7
cwinches

Whether the fields are placed directly into the dwt or inserted as a block in the dwt makes no difference. In fact, when placed directly (or created directly) in the dwt it is not a smart tag at all! Here's a few images of what happens once the sheet is created in the project:

1. The first image shows the display of the tag once the sheet is created. 

2. When you double click the tag it opens in the ediitable attribute dialogue.

3. Clicking on the tag to bring up the field parameters showing what it is set to.

4. Without making any changes and simply clicking okay then connects the info to the tag. So it is reading the project information but not connecting automatically for some reason.

5. The tag now shows the correct info but it is still a manual process.

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 7
cwinches

..remaining images

Message 6 of 7
jcp
Advocate

I use a similarly setup for my sheets, except I use an x-reference instead of a block and I have the same problem with the project name not showing, altho my field shows dashes not #'s. Usually a regen fixes the problem.

Message 7 of 7
cwinches
in reply to: jcp

Regen has not done anything for me in this case unfortunately.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost