AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to publish to PDF

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Alevtina
2533 Views, 10 Replies

Problem to publish to PDF

Good day!
When I publish my sheet to PDF, dimensions of my sheet is broken.
Help me, please.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Alevtina

broken?

--
Dean Saadallah
http://LTisACAD.blogspot.com
--
Message 3 of 11
E-Lavoie

I have the same problem

I can plot single page to PDF, but if i try to publish to PDF, i get an error and it stop.

Weird thing is when i installed Architectrue 2010, it worked all right for a month, after that, i have no idea what happened, but its not working anymore.

Anyone have an idea ?
Message 4 of 11
Alevtina

No, when I publish my sheet to PDF the dimensions of my sheet is changed.
Message 5 of 11
ladonna101

I am also having similar issues and I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution. My 2010 is erroring out two sheets into my publish.

At first I thought it was a file issue, but I can plot single sheets fine from the initial problem file.

In a separate attempt with the same project, I was publishing the entire project to DWF and I was given an error and the error suggested turning background plotting off. In my attempt do that ACA had a fatal error and shut down. I am now publishing this same project in 2009 and all is working fine so far. This leads me to believe that 2010 is the problem, but I have no clue where to begin looking. I'm ready to move completely to 2010, but that's not going to work if I have to use 2009 to publish!
Message 6 of 11
dknowles

Any solutions, yet?

I can not publish to any output device in ACA2010.

I have tried two different plotters, a small format printer, PDF, and DWF.

I have also tested on WinXP SP3 with 32bit ACA, and Vista SP1 with 64bit ACA with the same results.

When printing to file (PDF or DWF), the job log looks like this:

Job ID: 3
Sheet set name: (Project Name)
Date and time started: 8/11/2009 11:45:56 AM
Date and time completed: 8/11/2009 11:46:05 AM
UserID: dknow
Profile ID:
Total sheets: 2
Sheets plotted: 2
Number of errors: 0
Number of warnings: 0

ERROR: Error saving PDF file; PDF file is open or uneditable.

Sheet: A-7.01 INTERIOR WALL TYPES - Plotted

File: X:\(Project Name)\Sheets\0801.01-A-7.01 INTERIOR PARTITION TYPES.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Device name: DWG To PDF.pc3 - plotted to file
Plot file path: C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\My Documents\A-7_01 INTERIOR WALL TYPES.pdf
Paper size: ARCH full bleed D (24.00 x 36.00 Inches)

Sheet: A-7.11 CASEWORK & MILLWORK DETAILS - Plotted

File: X:\(Project Name)\Sheets\0801.01-A-7.11 CASEWORK & MILLWORK DETAILS.dwg
Category name:
Page setup:
Device name: DWG To PDF.pc3 - plotted to file
Plot file path: C:\Documents and Settings\(User Name)\My Documents\A-7_11 CASEWORK & MILLWORK DETAILS.pdf
Paper size: ARCH full bleed D (24.00 x 36.00 Inches) Edited by: dknowles@arcusa.com on Aug 11, 2009 4:45 PM
Message 7 of 11
charles.wermers

I get the same error when publishing to pdf.  I can plot one at a time, but cannot publish sets.

ERROR: Error saving PDF file; PDF file is open or uneditable

Message 8 of 11
dbroad
in reply to: charles.wermers

Which PDF driver are you using? (DWG to PDF, CutePDF, ...)  Try a different one and see if that changes anything.  There are lots of printer settings to double check when publishing to PDF.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 9 of 11
charles.wermers
in reply to: dbroad

I was using DWG to PDF and Adobe pdf. Neither of these work. Autodesk support suggested Cute PDF. That does work. It took me a while to realize that I needed to create Page Setup Override in order to publish to CutePDF. Had never done that.

I still do not understand why the Adobe pdf setup does not work. When I publish, all the sheets plot. Each sheet open and seems to plot. Then, at the end of the process, it fails. It seems that the final file cannot be created.
Message 10 of 11
dbroad
in reply to: charles.wermers

I use Adobe PDF driver all the time without any problem when publishing but, as I said earlier, each driver has its quirks that must be thoroughly tested until understood.  Start by plotting and then transition to publishing.  The publishing dialog itself can be quite complex.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 11 of 11
Habitar_DV01
in reply to: dbroad

Hi

I am struggling with a similar issue.

It only creates a problem with some particular project sheets when Publishing (straight plotting to PDF works fine). Other jobs work OK. I do not not what to look for or change. And, why only with some projects?.

I'mrunning AutoCAD architecture 2016. and its been fine for many months. It now has a problem with sheets hat where fine before within same project.

Help please!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost