AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Woes portrait instead of landscape

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
muleman1
1943 Views, 4 Replies

Printing Woes portrait instead of landscape

I am having difficulty with printing to our Brother MFC-J6710DW printer. I have set up page manager for 17x11 'B' size plot. Each time I choose the page setup and preview, the paper shows up in potrait and the drawing in landscape. The only fix we have come up with is to open the printer dialoge check potrait, then recheck landscape and it then shows up correctlty and plots correctly. Watch this 1.5 minute video.  

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/b2892112-c876-4bae-8b58-ce9790e4e438

This is very frustrating and at out wits end. We have tried to call Brother, but they say it is ACAD problem.....

....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbroad
in reply to: muleman1

Some things to try:

1)The plot dialog is only half open.  Try opening it all the way and make sure landscape is selected.  The small plot image shows landscape but I never trust that.

2)Instead of saving your custom plot settings to a temporary pc3 file, save it permanently (switch radio button).

3)Do what I do.  I never plot directly to a physical device.  Always plot to a PDF. Check the PDF and then plot the pdf to the printer.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 5
muleman1
in reply to: dbroad

thanks we will try your suggestions
....How easy it is to acquire knowledge, yet how difficult and painstaking is the process of gaining wisdom. .... Chuck Swindoll
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: muleman1

Sorry for dragging up an old thread.

I've quite literally just solved one of these issues.  I deleted the printer object from the client PC, uninstalled the driver completely and then reinstalled the print object (server based print queue).

This resolved the printing issues I was having - the A2 print was always printing in Landscape format on a portrait plot (so 1/3 of the drawing was missing off the right hand side of the page).  Trying to rotate the orientation on the print settings failed previously.  Doing the above resolved the issue.

Cheers,

Jon.

Message 5 of 5
DONLANDIS5301
in reply to: Anonymous

What does "printer object" mean?

What does "cliend PC" mean?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost